Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Denmark: Løgumkloster - Details of the Abbey Gate

In the morning we had gotten up in Husum, Germany. Now, in the early afternoon of this April day, we arrived at Løgumkloster in Denmark, after a very pleasant bit of sightseeing and lunch in Tønder. It was my ancestors that drew me to this place. Along one of the branches of my family tree were ancestors who had passed significant milestones in or about this abbey. Thus, I wanted to have a look.

Løgumkloster was once the site of the Cistercian Løgum Abbey, in the then Roman Catholic diocese of Ribe.

As an aside, this is a very pleasant part of Europe. As I read somewhere, the Danes really know how to do "cute". So true!

Løgumkloster, Denmark - Details of the Abbey Gate (2012-04-19)
Løgumkloster, Denmark - Details of the Abbey Gate (2012-04-19)


No comments:

Post a Comment